We’d love to hear from you!
How to participate:
- Find a quiet area devoid of environmental noise in which to record your voice note.
- Tell your story in 1 minute 35 seconds or less Feel free to share anything from insecurities you face, a thought that you can’t seem to escape, a dream, a revelation, a personal truth, or a funny moment that you experienced.
- Send your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
What kind of story to share:
There are no rules to dictate what kind of story you can share, but we are hoping to share stories that are personal—stories that matter. Feel free to talk about an insecurity, a hope/dream/aspiration, something you’re struggling with, a random insight, a joy/celebration, a cultural struggle—anything you feel comfortable sharing that you think is worth telling. Whatever you decide to cover, remember that it can’t go over 1m 35s, and that the final product will be cut down to 1 minute.
Things to keep in mind:
- Ultimately, your story will be cut down to one minute. Don’t rush it. Be mindful of your breathing—these recordings should feel very conversational and organic.
- Because this is intended to be an anonymous project, we’d prefer if you did not mention your name in the story.
- If you’d like us to notify you when your story has been posted on our Instagram page, please include your Instagram handle in the email along with your voice note.
- Please remember that this is an audio project, so you do not need to send a video recording of yourself—just a voice memo.
How to locate the voice memo option on your phone:
Apple iOS: You can search “voice memo” or look for the voice memo icon (see image to the right.)
What to expect:
We will listen to your voice note and pair it with imagery that we believe best suits your clip. Upon publishing your story, we will send you a link to your video via email. At no point will your identity be revealed during the project, unless you choose to state your name while telling the story. Your email address will be kept confidential.
By submitting your story, you are giving us permission to reproduce and share the audio file in video format on all of our social platforms.